Now that everyone is sober...ok, maybe not yet, but being that it is now the first week of January let's discuss one of the drinks some of us may have consumed.
What could be better than coffee and whiskey covered with cream to start off the new year.
Irish coffee was created as a fluke by an Irish chef who added whiskey to coffee in order to warm up some American travelers. The Irish coffee was introduced in America and popularized by a travel writer, Stanton Delaplane through his weekly column.
Irish coffee can be made at home or at many cafe's and today it has many variations.
Here are 6 steps to the perfect Irish coffee:
1) Fill glass with very hot water to pre-heat, then empty.
2) Pour hot coffee into hot glass until it is about three-quarters full. Drop in two cocktail sugar cubes.
3) Stir until the sugar is thoroughly dissolved.
4) Add full jigger of Irish Whiskey for proper taste and body.
5) Top with a collar of lightly whipped whipping cream by pouring gently over a spoon.
6) Enjoy it while piping hot.
Start off the year right and enjoy!